Tamiya 35322 1/35 Israeli Tank M1 Super Sherman
Over 50,000 Shermans of all types were produced during WWII. The Shermans which the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) initially procured from various sources were a mix of different variants featuring different hulls, turrets, suspensions, and armaments. However, Israel was eventually able to negotiate the purchase of about 250 M4A1 and M4A3 Shermans from France, and these were armed with the M1A1/A2 76.2mm main gun which could better counter the Arab armies' Russian made T-34-85s. Shermans were also produced with two different types of suspension: VVSS (Vertical Volute Spring Suspension) and HVSS (Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension). The latter offered better performance and the IDF eventually modified their tanks to the HVSS standard. Thus the IDF designated its 76.2mm gun-armed HVSS-equipped Shermans as M1 Super Shermans and many of these saw their first action during the Sinai Campaign in 1956.
- Scale : 1/35
- Construction type : Assembly kit
- Photo-etch parts : Not included
- Decals : Included
- Special feature 1 : Late Type turret included with a one-piece loaders hatch and muzzle brake.
- Special feature 2 : Cast hull details.
- Special feature 3 : VVSS type suspension.
- Special feature 4 : Belt-type tracks included to depict the T54E1 type found on the actual M1 Super Sherman.
- Special feature 5 : Comes with 2 crew figures and 3 types of markings.